Life, taken for granted to often
So it has been a while since I have written anything.....sorry been going through a few things lately.
Two weeks ago my uncle, probably one of the closest people to me, attempted to commit suicide. Shocker? No not really. He has been going through alot the past 5 years or so. He was diagnosed with Huntingtons Disease, same thing his father died from two weeks after I was born. For those of you that don't know what it is, in a nut shell, it makes you nuts in your shell. I haven't really gotten the understanding of it totally, but I don't really want to either. His youngest son recently was convicted and given a year in jail for attempted bank robbery, he has been through a lot in his life also. He blamed it all on my uncle and basically told him that his life was a mess because his dad was "a total fuck up and failure at life and being a parent". Now, the next time I see that kid I am gonna bust his ass, because unbeknownst to him his father has bent over backwards for him and done everything to try and teach him not to make the same mistakes as him. Anyway, that is why I haven't written. I have been struggling with the whole thing, trying to decide whether to be sad or pissed off. You see this affected more than just him. My little brother was the one that sold him the gun two months ago after he promised not to do anything stupid. My mother was away at my sisters, my sis just had a baby, leaving my ailing step-father all by himself 6 hours away with no-one to help him in an emergency because my g-parents, who were caring for him while my mom was away, had to rush 6 hours away to my uncle being life flighted to LDS Hospital.
So there, I feel a little better just being able to write all that down......more to come later.
Todays Song: Black Label Society-Suicide Messiah
Two weeks ago my uncle, probably one of the closest people to me, attempted to commit suicide. Shocker? No not really. He has been going through alot the past 5 years or so. He was diagnosed with Huntingtons Disease, same thing his father died from two weeks after I was born. For those of you that don't know what it is, in a nut shell, it makes you nuts in your shell. I haven't really gotten the understanding of it totally, but I don't really want to either. His youngest son recently was convicted and given a year in jail for attempted bank robbery, he has been through a lot in his life also. He blamed it all on my uncle and basically told him that his life was a mess because his dad was "a total fuck up and failure at life and being a parent". Now, the next time I see that kid I am gonna bust his ass, because unbeknownst to him his father has bent over backwards for him and done everything to try and teach him not to make the same mistakes as him. Anyway, that is why I haven't written. I have been struggling with the whole thing, trying to decide whether to be sad or pissed off. You see this affected more than just him. My little brother was the one that sold him the gun two months ago after he promised not to do anything stupid. My mother was away at my sisters, my sis just had a baby, leaving my ailing step-father all by himself 6 hours away with no-one to help him in an emergency because my g-parents, who were caring for him while my mom was away, had to rush 6 hours away to my uncle being life flighted to LDS Hospital.
So there, I feel a little better just being able to write all that down......more to come later.
Todays Song: Black Label Society-Suicide Messiah

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home